Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"She works hard for the money, So hard for it Honey!"

Work is getting in the way with my personal life and my training. I don't like that. I am getting calls at night and stuff. But guys - I have comp time that needs to be burned. And I am going to burn it in tons of flames this weekend in North Carolina - Tsali. I didn't get to go last weekend so I will be making up for it camping and mountain biking. Last Friday was K's birthday. Me, him and G went out Friday night and celebrated. Saturday morning I got up early and struck out for what I had planend to be a 60-70 mile ride, but I saw that at mile 50, I could get back home in 56 and honey... I pedaled for the door! I am SICK and TIRED of getting chased by dogs. I was chased on Old Woodbury Hwy, Matts Hollow Rd, and Mt View Rd. I rode from my house to Old Woodbury Hwy, Matts Hollow, Farrar Hill, Hwy 41 to Blantan's Chapel all the way into Tullahoma and back home through AEDC. My legs were sore! I averaged 17.5 on the full 56 miles. Saturday afternoon was UT getting their butt stomped by the chomp chomp Gators. Monday morning I managed to run 5 miles at lunch. K & I met some friends and watched Monday night football - well - until halftime. Last night we rented Sex and the City and boy did I love it!! I love that show anyways - but the movie was great, I thought! And guess who met me for a 26 mile ride yesterday. K! We rode through Smith's Chapel, over into Lynchburg and back to Tullahoma. Fun ride with a lot of climbing.

LOL is a week from this Saturday. I'm starting to get extremely concerned about the level of suffering I am going to endure!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Hey Holly - It sounds like you are keeping a pretty good balance with your many activities! If I don't see you before then, good luck with the LOL century next weekend. I know you will do well and have a good time! I wish that I was doing it also.

Jill Ann said...

Have fun at LOL. Wish I could be there...but I have RFTC. Darn it. I will hope to ride with you next season. K is very sweet to be riding and watching SATC with you...!!

Bethany said...

I hope my dogs didn't try to eat you, well SAM anyway, because Danner can't get to the rode! I could watch SATC movie over and over, I cried like a baby... LOL! I miss you let's get together soon! I need a night out...

Anonymous said...

Sweet picture. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Nice job on the rides too. You are going to do great next weekend.