Thursday, April 24, 2008

T minus 32 hours!!

Ok, so this is the latest I've stayed up all week! Ahhh.... go to bed Holly. I've slept like a baby all week - haven't felt any stress, pressure or anxiety. What's up with that? Is it all waiting to hit me tomorrow? I don't know. We'll see. I can only feel excitement! Even when I think about the predicted rain - I just feel excited. I'm sure that excitement will die down when I get to mile 11 - the split off between the half and the full!!!

Guys, I have all my stuff packed (except for contact solution and toothbrush). I love being prepared. I love knowing I have done the responsible thing not waiting till the last minute to be stressed and wondering if I've forgotten half of my stuff. Here's the plan - Tomorrow.... going in early to work, and leaving at lunch-time. Coming home to grab my stuff, and tell Hattie goodbye and let her wish me lots of luck :-) lol. Heading to NashVegas to check into my hotel, making my way to the expo, watching my nephews rock the streets in the Kids marathon, eating din-din (pasta-pasta), saying a really deep sincere prayer, and hitting the bed! K has plans to meet me in N'ville later and see me to the start line Sat morning.

Now - for the pre-race week nutrition. I have SO carbed it up!!! I don't think I've ever eaten this many carbs. Every meal. And I've done great by eating no grease. No fries, no potatos. My carbs have consisted of mainly pasta and rice. Protein? Grilled chicken, roasted turkey, meatsauce for spagetti. I've junked it up too! Rice crispy treats, 1/2 of a Wendy's frosty, hot tamales, captain crunch, the list goes on. I cut out cokes on Tuesday and have been saturating my body with around 65 ounces of water plus water with meals each day.

I am looking forward to the marathon experience. I am looking forward to seeing many many friends reach their goals - lots of them finishing a half marathon for the first time. I am looking forward to that finish line too!

Goodluck to everyone doing the half and full! My beloved, supportive, supa-fast sister Lana, Boston marathoner Holly J, Tim, Lee, Michele, Ronnie, Heather, Mary Beth, Amy, Audra, Mike, Lisa, Rosiland, Patricia, Trevor, John D, David & anyone else I may have overlooked. And I will personally miss Kim R! What a bright, warm, and encouraging friend she is!

Hopefully next time I post, you'll see me with a medal around my neck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck. You sound like you are ready! You're gonna rock it.

Anonymous said...

You will do great! I know what you mean about the half split. The half folks get to turn right and us folks doing the full get the opportunity to climb a hill. It should be a great day. Hope to see you Saturday...I'm starting in coral 8.

Lauren Starks said...

Good luck!

TriSonq said...

Good luck tomorrow. You are gonna ROCK!!!!

Hope to see you there.