Sunday, November 9, 2008

"No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys."

Did someone say "crazy?" Yeah... that would describe several moments of my life over the past month and a half. I feel sorry for those who got the raw end of the deal. Where do I start? The crazy moments (multiple auto accidents) - or the crazy (that is an understatement) in sane people who so jealously and devilishly think they have actually gotten one by me? :-) It really is a joke to a handful of us! And you haven't fooled us for a second. But nice try! It just wasn't worth it. It is sheer entertainment. Onto better things that actually matter.....

Ironman Florida 2008.

Lana Sain is an IRONMAN. Michele Emerson is an IRONMAN. Missy Hulbert is an IRONMAN. Dee Davis is an IRONMAN. Abby Olson is an IRONMAN. Jere Pope is an IRONMAN.

Need I say more? Absolutely! Because my SISTER is an iron sister! I know most of you guys have read her race report. And yes it is a great race report - but none of it replaces actually being there. And being her sister and watching her accomplish such an amazing goal. Watching her and knowing (only when a sister/training partner knows)when she is down. And watching her gently rise to the occasion with such courage and character! Coming back and coming back strong!! And me wanting to jump in there and give her a push!!!! And me wishing I was right there racing with her :-) I felt like my heartrate was as high as hers each time that I saw her out on the course. As I stood on the front row with my volunteer band helping each swimmer, but really just interested in Race # 2139 - to meet her coming out of the gulf of Mexico on her last stretch of the journey to victory - guys.... it was SWEET! To say that I am proud does not do it justice. So I will let you try and imagine my feelings.... my family can probably tell ya :-) And all you guys that I was text messaging with hourly updates!!!


Homecoming 2008

Wow.... it was really great! It's such a long day/night, but it always gives you such a warm/fuzzy. Got to see my college peeps. Loved it! As Will said last night "Holly has been resurrected tonight!" LOL. I got to the official Arnold/Riddle tailgating headquarters around 3pm. We opted out of the game and chilled on the campus like we were back in school again. Campus has really changed a lot in some ways - or not really changed. I guess it is the people who have changed. The spirit of homecoming seemed to be way more alive now than it was when I was there. It was cool and it seemed like everyone was having good fun! I saw people I had classes with and never really talked to until homecoming 2008. Isn't it funny how it works that way? lol. Seeing familiar faces after so many years makes you not want to take those moments for granted. After the campus rally, the crew headed to Buffalo Wild Wings. I was so glad to finally be "resurrected" after all of those years. Thanks, Will, William and Jason! I have new life! lol.




And as far as the training goes, well, I'm hangin in there. I'm back at the rec and on the days that I don't make it out on the road for a run, I try to hit the treadmill a couple of times a week. I'm trying to tone my upper body by getting my money's worth in the weight room and doing lunges around the track. The last time I road black betty was the Saturday before IMFL. I rode 26 with Iron Lana. I am about to put her on the trainer for the season and cross-train here and there on my mountain bike. Oh... and this is huge..... check it out.
True! lol.... and the best part is I have an Iron Coach!

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Welcome Back Holly Jane!!! I've missed your posts. You are rock solid and in control. I am so proud of you for getting in that pool! BTW...I love your heading, soooo true! Much Love :)

Lisa said...

You look like you've been having fun! :)

Missy said...

So great to see you last weekend, even for a minute! What a day. Hope I can figure out what to do with all my new found free time:)

Michele said...

OMG!!!! You swam. Awesome. Does that mean you are going to become a triathlete???? Oh, I hope so.

Thanks so much for all the support at IM. It was so wonderful to see a cheerful face out there. Thanks for all the pics too.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Back In Black...boots, that is! Welcome to the club of 3 sports!

Frank said...

I made your blog in picture form! Not a very good picture of me, but hey we cant always take great pictures! It was great meeting you this past weekend and hopefully we can stay in touch :)

Frank

Jill Ann said...

Hey...maybe we can become triathletes together. I wish I lived close enough to have the Iron sister and Iron Michele coach me to swim.

Ok, maybe we can sign up for IM one day...hang in there.

Sure missed seeing 'ya at IM...

Are you running CMM this year??

kmholt7 said...

It was great that you and your family got to witness the Ironman.

It looks like you're going to head down the triathlete road too, huh?

Good to see you posting again. I plan on holding on to the keys too!

Anonymous said...

Way to take the plunge! Sounds like you all had an amazing time at Ironman.