Monday, July 7, 2008

In Memory of Bozo the Clown....

This morning as I was on my way to the rec center to run I heard some sad news on the radio. Larry Harmon (aka Bozo the Clown) has passed away at age 83 with congestive heart failure being the cause of death. I sure did love to watch the Bozo show when I was little. I wanted SO badly to someday aim and toss that ping pong ball into bucket #6! This show would sell out for 10 years at a time! Unbelievable! Guess I’m a little late……. :-/ My hat’s off to Bozo!

So, July 4th weekend involved a visit with Jerm & Bethany over some bud lime Thursday night. Friday morning I was able to make it to the group ride leaving from the rec center at 7am. Riders included me, Don (the pet ambulance service), Tim, Nathan C, Jay B, and Nate H. Great ride! Beautiful morning to be out!!! We did the Normandy loop and then after making a pit stop at the beautiful home of Jay and Tammy’s where they were so gracious to fill up our bottles with Gatorade and water, we headed back making the loop backwards! We ended up with 37 miles and it took right around 2 hours I believe. My knee is still giving me a little bit of trouble when I’m riding – mainly climbing.

Saturday morning around 10am, I was motivated for a long run. It was hot though so I strapped on my fuel belt with 3 bottles (2 gatorade, 1 water) and I managed to complete a 10 mile run. This is the first time I’ve used my fuel belt in temps over 40 degrees. Wow…. The stuff doesn’t stay cold. It’s up against my body, which is steaming with heat and sweat and even though my bottles were frozen when I started, by mile 3 they were already luke warm. Mile 7, and they were officially hot. This run took me a little longer so I’m blaming it on the heat. Completed, drenched and red-faced in 1:31.

So, I was treated to a day at the lake/cabin with my friends! Great times! You can always count on your cheeks (face cheeks I might add) to be sore from laughing nonstop after a day and night like Saturday! Especially when it involves a round of PARTINI! And Bethy…. What is your recipe for those margi’s and slides?????? REAL nice.




Somehow I made it to church Sunday morning. It was really very good to be there. The singing was so uplifting and it was worth getting up for!!! Sore legs and all! This morning I trekked my way around town for a 5 mile run before work. Tomorrow is either going to be a ride, or a brick!

5 comments:

kmholt7 said...

I thought that might have been you that I saw running Saturday around 11:20. It was plenty hot when I ran at 6:30, so I'm sure you were dying!

Jill Ann said...

Bozo...I was a big fan also. I figured he'd be about 100 though...he will be missed.

Hilarious picture from the lake (we went to the lake also) someone is "watering the plants" eh?? ha ha. Funny....

:) said...

Running with hot liquids to drink is noooo fun... :(

Missy said...

OK, who is in the green shorts peeing!? Last slide....

Anonymous said...

Great job on the biking and running. How you managed to start a run at 10 and go for 10 miles is beyond me; good for you.