Thursday, November 15, 2007

Early 4 miles

Today I got up at 4:30 and met "the group" at the rec center for 4 miles @ 5am. I had originally planned to try swimming after the run until I realized it might not be a great idea considering the fact that my eye doctor has me out of contacts and only wearing glasses for... let's see.... I'm on my 5th week. Yeah, it started out being a viral infection & it seems I'm having a tough time shaking it. They were red again this morning... this could be due to lack of sleep. At any rate, I figured chlorine is not a good thing for the peepers at this point.

So, we took off around 5:10am through the greenway, out into town and back to the rec center for a 4 mile loop. I forgot to get the time or avg pace from the garmin owners of the group. They were in a rush to splash into the pool! This is the first time I've done an early run in a long time - I've been avoiding the cold & doing training runs at lunch when the sun is out!

So, next on the list? I'm thinking a longer run for Saturday. We shall see!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

If at all possible, do the striders' spring training runs in Nashville. They cover the entire CMM course. You'll love it and it will help you mentally to know that course by race day.

Lisa

Wes said...

Welcome to bloggiland :-) Running peeps are great, but blogging running peeps are the bomb!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Bloging! You are doing great and will really enjoy the Country Music Marathon.

Lisa said...

Hey Holly,
The Tim's Ford hills are not that bad if you've been running a lot of short choppy hills. The last 2 yrs they weren't kind to me, especially with RC 1 week away every year. :)

TriSonq said...

Hey Holly,

Welcome to blogland. Uh oh, you have now set a goal and we are going to keep you accountable.

Hope to see you in some training runs and races.

Michele said...

I must say I was surprised to see you this morning and not at all surprise when you whimped out on the swim.

;)

jen said...

Hi Holly! Saw the link on Michele's blog and came over to say Welcome. :)

Very cool that you're planning on running a marathon! I know you will enjoy the challenge, you sould like a natural at running so you will have fun.

I saw you said you are getting sick of your iPod song list- maybe try listening to some Podcasts! They are free. I am a big fan. Please see my blog for some links to running and non-running shows.