Friday, December 14, 2007

28 years gets ya 3 miles with Daddy! :-)

I turned 28 yesterday. I have mixed emotions about turning 28. We won't go there! :-) I called my dad Wed night and told him all I wanted for my birthday was for him to meet me and Lana, and the rest of the gang at the rec @ 5am for some running! He didn't sound too encouraging that he would be there. I was persistent. I want to run with my daddy! So around 4:45am yesterday morning, I get brave & I call him. He sounded very asleep.... which is normal :-) He didn't give me a straight answer as to whether he would show or not. Around 5:03am we see him creeping through the parking lot in his beloved Titans car :-) YES!!! He made it! We ran 3 miles and he kicked BUTT! How can he just bust out 3 miles with no training? Or has he been training in secret? We had a ball! I hope he comes again. That is the best birthday gift one could ever get! Thanks Daddy! I love you.

Me, Lana, & Mike ran almost 2.5 more miles and got DRENCHED in the rain. I have never ran in the rain that hard before. They informed me that it's good to practice in inclement weather because this could happen at CMM! haha.... that was a good one :-)

I drove home, jumped in the shower and got back in bed for about 30 min. Never could go back to sleep though. I headed to work and had lunch with Lana & K, finished the day out at work & went over to Mom and Dad's for an AMAZING dinner that she had cooked for me. They gave me a beautiful ring for my birthday! I love it & am so excited to have it!! My nephew colored me a special easter egg for my b-day and wrote our names on it. :-) LOL. Don't ya love precious innocent children!! It did go on my fridge as soon as I got home. K joined us later at my parents. He & I challenged each other to a mini RBI baseball tournament. He beat me. I am not sure how except that he stuck me with the really bad team & took my good team for the championship game. That's alright - I'm not giving up my nat'l league all stars next time.

Not sure exactly what the weekend has in store, but I hope it is a good one. I hope I get to exercise some, but we are expecting bad weather and I'm not a gym girl.

4 comments:

David said...

What a GREAT birthday present!

Lisa said...

happy b-day fellow Sag. Sags rock!

Tri-Dummy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANE!

Di said...

what a sweet Dad!! Obviously, he is proud of his beautiful daughters.
Happy Birthday darlin!!