Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm Back! Sort of..... ;-)

I woke up Sunday morning feeling soft all over. Just like... my muscles are dwindling away because I haven't worked out in almost a week! I still didn't promise myself a thing though. I'm not feeling it. Monday morning I start getting this burning desire to get out and run. However, it was nasty outside. The winds were gusting up to 20mph and that burning desire suddenly started cooling off & the next thing I know... it wasn't hot anymore. Furthermore, it was gone :-/

Tuesday morning I'm getting ready for work. Still not so sure if I wanna take another stab at it. But I go ahead and pack my cold gear (I've decided from now on anything under 50 degrees calls for Cold Gear - I'd much rather be hot than cold.) By lunchtime, I think it's going to be a fine idea for me to go out and do a run, under one condition and one condition only. That I float. Slow... I don't want to go out there & feel like I'm dying... because guess what?! I won't come back. So I float out a nice 4 miler - 37:08 (9:17pace). YAY! I know it's just 4 miles... at a floating pace, but hey - it's 4 miles further than I had gone in a week. While I run, lyrics from Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" run through my head. I heart Tom Petty!! He is doing the halftime show for the superbowl this year. Can't wait! So my goal is to run AGAIN this week and probably still just float.

I'm excited because this weekend Lana, Michele, & Lisa are doing the Huntsville Rocket City marathon! I am making the trip for spectator/support purposes.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I sometimes have my better training runs when I don't want to get out there. Then I get out there and I think, "I'm glad I'm running."

Bethany said...

Glad you are getting back into the groove. Take your time and enjoy yourself...everything else will work itself out in due time!

Michele said...

Glad to hear you will be in Huntsville for support. Are you wearing running gear??? I just might need you to push me to the finish line.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Way to get back out there. You never missed a beat!

Joe said...

Been there. Maybe you need to change your routine a little bit. Buy a new piece of running gear. Try a new running song on your iPod. Try a different route. Or, go for a swim instead.