Friday, December 7, 2007

5 + 2 = 7(hike)

I feel like I'm washing my cold-gear everynight. After Tuesday's run I washed my cold gear. I ran in it yesterday and now I need to wash it again! I'm assuming I'll be washing it again Sunday night! Perhaps I should invest in another set? Hmmm... I don't know. Thursday at lunch I went out and did a 5 miler. 43:17 for a 8:39 pace. Now.... I had planned on floating. I am not sure how I got the 8:39 pace.... except I had a lot of crazy things on my mind + I remembered my IPOD!

This morning at 7am I ran 2 miles with K - including hills! Then I felt like I was hiking up a huge hill back to his house. We sorta took the back way and walked a hill full of dirt, leaves, rocks...... and 2 beautiful deer!! So, I'm calling it a brick! 2 mile run plus a hike!

Now the weekend begins..... TGIF! I'm going to watch the Rocket City Marathon tomorrow in Huntsville. I am very excited just to be in the atmosphere of a marathon again...... but not as excited as I am to see Lana reach her sub-4 goal that she has worked her butt off for.

Maybe I'll be so motivated, I'll come home and do a little bit of running myself! We'll see!

1 comment:

Di said...

2 sets of coldweather gear - how extravagant!! ;)

so glad you were there to help Lana to the finish!! What a team you two are.