Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crazy 8?!

I finally got my butt outta the house today and took in some fresh air. 8 miles of fresh air. I drove to the rec center (the dogs out here by my house are viscious!)On my way I said "I'll try 7." Then I got outta my car and thought "5 would be real good too, ya know." Then I felt pretty strong on my first mile - climbing jail hill and checking my pace after mile 1 was 8:50. Hmmm.... not too bad... maybe I can push onto 7? Keep in mind the last longer run than 5 that I did was on Thanksgiving - 6.2 miles.... at a really slow pace & felt HORRIBLE! Since TG, I haven't run more than 5. I feel ok at 3 miles... and think "Heck I would be real proud of myself if I go 8 instead of turning around at 3.5 and just making it 7." So I keep going past 3.5 miles and when the garmin beeps at 4 I turn around, challenging myself to 8 miles. Well, I did it! I really started feeling pretty tired around mile 6. At mile 7 I was really glad I only had 1 more to go! I finished in 1:08:10. I calculated that on my pace calculator......... and holy smokes! That was an 8:31 pace! How in the world did I do that? Beats me....... but I'll TAKE IT! I tried to imagine myself doing 8 miles two more times plus 2.2 more....... it literally seems IMPOSSIBLE to me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is GREAT! Do we see "10 miles" on your schedule soon?
FYI, Tom King 1/2 is always a great warm up before the CMM Full.
Get in before the end of the year at the cheapest rate. :)