Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, it's new year's eve! Why am I blogging at 6pm on NYE? Hmmm...Well, I'm getting a late start ringing in the new year I guess. I've been lazy all day! Yesterday I got up and made it to church... Wow! What an uplifting service! That was good for the soul. I came home & straightened my house up and K came over. We headed to the boro and had a late late lunch at Toots, then headed on over to Dick's Sporting Goods. He got a pair of $100 ski pants for $38! YES! I love bargains. And I took the gift card my aunt, uncle and cousins gave me for my b-day and used it on a ski jacket I've had my eye on for about 2 months. It is a SPYDER and I LUV it! Then we went to Binks but didn't make a purchase. They don't have anything on sale like the rest of the retail world. They'll learn one day! :-)

We headed home and my mom called and said my aunt Dana had made me a batch of peanut butter balls and she had them and was also about 5 miles behind us on the interstate. Oh wow! These things are off the hook delicious! I can't stay out of them. They are very addictive!! I think I am popping a PB ball about every 10 minutes at least. So, K and I watched college football and an auction for a mountain bike on ebay. We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch, came back and did nothing but pop PB balls and watch more college football.

Around 4pm I headed to town to run 6 miles. Mile 1 running up jail hill was exactly 9 minutes. I just knew I was going to cough up about 4 PB balls on the sidewalk. I felt so full......... my stomach was holding pinto beans and corn bread and numerous PB balls. Man, could I tell!!! It really made me feel terrible. First 3 miles took about 26 minutes. I finished out the 6 miles in 51:10 for once again an 8:31 pace. How am I doing that? I have no clue. I know on my way back for the last 3 miles each time I looked at Mr Garmin he told me I was averaging between 8:10 and 8:40 miles. Oh well.... I'll take it. I've got to slow down on the PB balls.... I look like I've already gained 5lb.

Marathon training starts next week. I am nervous just thinking about it. I am afraid I'll go out for a long run and just not make it and I'll be down and out. I hope K & I hit the mountain bike trails again tomorrow to ring in the new year. If not, I'll have my butt on the trainer for an hour. Not sure what we're doing tonight..... no big plans or anything so we'll just see if anything comes up.

Happy new Year to all bloggers!!!

3 comments:

David said...

You are going to have a Great 2008 and really smoke the CMM...Happy New Year.

Phil said...

Best of luck with your marathon training ... just keep it slow and steady in the beginning and you'll do great.

Have a fantastic 2008.

Lance Notstrong said...

Don't sweat the marathon training. When I ran my first (and only) marathon, every long run felt like I couldn't have run any farther but some how I ran farther the next week and the next and the next. You just have to build up :-) You can do it!!!