Sunday, December 2, 2007

Visions of a tin roof in my crystal ball....

So, I think it's only fair that I share the good........ and the bad. We'll start with the bad. I haven't worked out, lifted a finger (besides walking the dog), or done anything active since running 4 miles on Tuesday. Lots of things goin on my world lately..... circumstances that are heavily weighing on me. This kinda stuff drains me. Sometimes I can handle it ok & continue to workout just as much and more, and then there are times it knocks me to my knees & I have a hard time getting up. So usually I will go ahead and force my way through it and say "You WILL go run. You WILL feel better. You WILL be glad." For the first time I looked up and said "I don't want to do it. I've got things going on that are taking too much out of me. I want to rest. I don't want an estimated date that I'll 'start back,' I don't want to pursue anything at the moment except rest & peace. I won't beat myself up over it either. I may run Saturday.... Or I may not? I won't do anything until I want to. And I don't know and don't care when that might be." And guys... that is exactly what I've done. Notta!

Now... for the good. Well, Lana & the boys came over yesterday and we had a ball watching Ironman Kona! I just wish they made the show last longer. I could watch it for 24 hours straight I think. We munched on some banana bread. The boys were thrilled with all the presents under my Xmas tree!! They were totally entertained. Lana and the boys went home & I met up with Jamie & Abby in M'boro. We found the tin roof in Franklin & gave it a whirl! It turned into some fun as you can see from the pics.
We had finally had enough and headed home. I don't think I actually made it to my house till around 3am! Needless to say, I soaked up my bed till 12pm today. So... as far as this week goes??? We'll see. I'm hoping some special powers are going to invade me & I will kick my heels at least a few times and hopefully the sh*tty circumstances dragging me down will not be so sh*tty this week. A lot of that is in my court.


"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
~ Albert Einstein



2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really try to live by that quote because I've been SO guilty of expecting something different from the same ole "stuff".
NOT ANYMORE. :)

Hang in there, decide what's important, and go for it.

Joe said...

> The boys were thrilled with
> all the presents under my
> Xmas tree!!

WTF? It's only December 3rd today!