Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I Got 5 On It!" :-)

Remember that song? haha... I used to love that song. I had no idea the entire song was about weed when I was a teenager and liked it so much. Innocence is bliss!

Ho Ho Ho!!!! Merry Christmas everyone! I love these last few days before Christmas!! To me, they are more exciting than Christmas day.

Today I got up and met the crew at the rec for 5 miles at 5am. The crew consisted of me and Michele! Guess everyone else had too much eggnog last night? :-) So, we took off down the greenway, to hwy 55 up to the main intersection, took a left at Eckerds, a right on Hills Chapel, a right on Oak Drive, a right on McArthur, a left at Walgreens onto 41, all the way down jail hill, back onto the greenway for a 48:50! Not exactly speedy.... but it was 5 miles on the books on Dec 20, 2007. Anything outside this time a year is a real accomplishment in my opinion!

I came home and for the first time in....... 13 months I got out my resistance band and did about 10 minutes of work on my arms, a few pushups and 30 lunges. I am afraid to do too many lunges because ... well... if you've ever done lunges and tried to run the next day, it hurts. Your legs feel like tree stumps. I used to be heavy into lunges - I'd do 2 laps around the track at the rec with 8lb weights in my hands. I have not done any toning in 13 months so I'm starting slow.

After my 10 minutes of toning I jumped in the shower, dried the hair and the next thing I know I'm waking up in my bed at 7:45. Oops... I laid back down and boy was that a GREAT little cat-nap! Much needed. I headed onto work. Had a great day. I enjoyed a peaceful lunch with my mom. There are not many things better in this life than sharing a lunch hour with your mom... or your sister! At least not for me. We had lunch at a local tea room.


I finished my day out at work, came home, bathed Hattie in some new "Ooh Lah Lah" pawberry scented shampoo. Now I'm cooking for Christmas at my aunt's on Saturday.... and feeling sleepy. It must be that vigorous toning workout I endured this morning ;-/ zzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzz..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Michele said...

Thanks for the company on the run. May not have been speedy but at least we logged the miles. Next time bring your suit and join me in the pool.

Bethany said...

I loved that song too! Ha! Way to get out there and strut your stuff so early...

Hattie looks so great and just in time for Santa :) Have a Merry Christmas!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I've never heard that song.

That picture of Hattie is sooo cute!