Tuesday, January 29, 2008

1 Week of R&R + 2400mg of Ibuprofen per day

So, I don't think I'm exactly outta the game juuuuust yet. I broke down and went to see the nurse practioner about my knee today. She seems to think I may have a minor tear or done some minor cartilage damage when I was skiing. I got some prescription strength I-BU and FNP's orders to stay off of it for a week.

I did manage to get in a 4-mile run with Lana yesterday during lunch. 36:22. No major knee pain after about a quarter of a mile. No major knee pain last night! I woke up at 4am this morning. Tried to go back to sleep for 25 min - couldn't do it. Too much on my mind. So I hopped on my trainer for a 1 hour dvd. What a workout! The question is............ will I obey FNP's orders or will I hit the road and finish out week 4? :-/

1 comment:

Bethany said...

REST YOUR KNEE!!!! It's just a week. Your training is going so good and you will easily be able to jump right back into your schedule after a healthy week's rest!