Saturday, January 19, 2008

Getting better everyday!

We flew back Monday and I didn't actually get home till 10pm. Ugh.... a whole day lost just in travel-time. It is Saturday night - and my suitcase STILL isn't completely unpacked. I have no excuse either. While I was gone my gracious mother cleaned my house, did laundry, bought a lot of the essential staples for a house that I was out of, and basically took care of pretty much everything (mainly Hattie).... even down to a fresh fruit basket on my kitchen bar! I feel like I left one resort and came home to another!

My knee is getting better everyday. While I was in Tahoe I was convinced it was really blown out. Every step was excruciating. So Monday was rest, Tuesday rest, Wednesday rest and Thursday morning I got up at 6am and rode my trainer for an hour before work. Then Thursday night I might K at the rec and he swam 1000 meters while I, for the first time since Saturday, ran 3 miles on the treadmill. Friday was rest. This afternoon I got brave and ran another 6 miles on the treadmill. It's just too cold for my liking right now - the high temp is like.... 32 degrees. I am hoping that by Monday I'll be back to my regular planned training schedule. I have a 12 mile run on there for next weekend. Let's hope my knee continues to heal and I meet my goal!!!! I actually did have a doctor's appointment yesterday, which I cancelled. I really believe it is going to take rest and Aleve. Plus I had major issues to tend to at work and didn't feel like I should miss.

Last night Jamie came down from the boro and we had dinner at Boskey's and then headed to Tullahoma. We had a pretty good redneckin time! K, G and I went back to Boskey's for dinner tonight!!! Yummm!!! We watched "Wedding DAZE." I do NOT recommend that movie. It is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

I think my schedule for this week goes sumthin like this... 6, 4, 1 hour trainer video, 12. I'll cross my fingers my right knee stays "soldier" strong and I'm back on the plan without too terribly much lost!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your knee continues to get stronger...but don't push it...remember it is better to take a few days off now so you can run in April.

Di said...

sorry about the knee - hey, your Mom, she rocks!!