Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big things happen on week 3!

This is my official 3rd week of marathon training. So far, I have not slacked! Monday I did a 6 mile treadmill run at 6am at the rec. 55:15. Tuesday night I did a 1 hour training dvd on my trainer and today at lunch I ran with the long-lost sub-4 sista.... Lana! We started at East Middle and did a loop around Tara, then a loop around Macon Manor. I was only going to do 4 today, but I gave into doing 5 for some company. Then we get out there and she wants to talk me into 6. I almost did it and then I said "No... Sorry but I really just still want to do 5!" LOL. We ended up with 5.25 miles and it took us 47 minutes on the dot - 8:57 pace. She seems pretty speedy these days!!! So, tomorrow is a rest day...... and wouldn't you know I've got a long run to do Friday morning. As in - 12 biguns! Ugh... I hope I can hold up for it. I hope my knee will last. It is going to be around 15 degrees I think. I have never attempted a run outside below 20 degrees. Will I get hypothermia?

Yesterday was a great day at work! Something that was long-awaited was FINALLY given to me. Whew!!! It's about time! Things got a little rocky as the day went on.... and other big things started happening in my life and let's just say - it is time to go one way ~~~ or the other. And that's exactly what happened. :-)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Congrats again on your promotion! Keep up the dedication with your running and you will be able to get through those 12 miles with no problem...so proud of you:)

Lisa said...

You guys ran my usual route at lunch. :) Did ya see the portapotties?

Congrats on your promotion. Glad to see your knee is better, too!

:) said...

Have a good run tomorrow!!! You can do it!