Saturday, January 5, 2008

8 MILES from Suds N Duds!

Today I woke up at 7am..... let the dog out, let the dog back in. And we both went back to sleep. I once again succeeded at not officially getting up until after 10am. Ahhh.... I miss those days! Well, my goal for today was to clean my bathrooms, take the comforter for my bed and wash it in a triple load washer at the laundromat, run 8 miles & go out on the town in Nash-vegas with the girls!!!

So far, I am 3 for 4! I cleaned both bathrooms, slapped on my cold gear and running shoes, loaded my comforter up and off to Suds N Duds we go!!!! I pop that puppy into a triple load washer along with $3.25 and a little detergent, walk out the door and there I am.... on my 8 mile run! I got out there and thought "maybe I just need to do 7.... that would still be good" But I ended up guilting myself into pushing onto 8. I HURT on the way back - for the last 3 miles really. My last 1/2 mile was up hill.... I honestly thought my bowels were going to explode all over the sidewalk. My whole lower body was aching, my stomach was cramping & I felt like death! It really was not a very enjoyable run. I guess that is to be expected though!!! Maybe it will at least make me appreciate the less painful runs. The outside of my calves are SOOO sore and tight from trail running on Thursday. Total Run time: 1:09 Pace: 8:37. Sure, I'll take it. I wonder if I need to slow down a bit to try and make these runs not so painful? I have 10 on my schedule for next weekend. I think I'll take it easy.... else I may not make it!!!

So, I can't stop here! I've got to finish this day with 100%! Gotta go get ready to head to Nashville. Pictures to follow.... :-)




No comments: